Mr. Orr was appointed to the position of Superintendent in July 2017, after serving as the district HS/MS Principal for three years.
Prior to joining the Jefferson-Morgan School District family, Mr. Orr served as the Principal at Deer Lakes HS for two years and as an Assistant Principal at Trinity High School for twelve years. Before becoming an administrator, Mr. Orr taught courses in Industrial Technology, coached Football, Wrestling, Golf and Track and sponsored a variety of student clubs and organizations.
Mr. Orr earned his B.A. in Secondary Education-Industrial Technology from Ohio University, his Master's Degree and Principal's Certification from Carnegie Mellon University, and his Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility from California University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Orr lives in Washington, with his wife, Karen, and has two sons, Dan and Jake.
On behalf of our Board of Education, Administration, Faculty and Staff, It is indeed my pleasure to welcome you to the Jefferson-Morgan website and our outstanding school district!
I invite you to learn About Our School District, examine our Mission Statement and review our Comprehensive Plan. We strongly encourage communication and participation between the community, its members and our school district, as well as respect varying opinions and open discussion.
Our individual building principals and associated staffs, are committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for all our Jefferson-Morgan students and will work diligently to communicate appropriately and swiftly with parents as needed, in order to provide the best learning environment possible.
Over this summer, many activities and projects are underway in our district;
- Buildings are being cleaned from top to bottom.
- Interior and exterior maintenance improvements are being completed.
- Both the Elementary and HS/MS building's gymnasium floors are being refinished.
- Many district teachers are currently involved in a variety of summer training sessions;
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
- Google Classroom
- Required coaching training
- Administration is planning the upcoming years training sessions.
- Classroom supplies and support materials have been ordered, are arriving and being distributed.
Needless to say, a lot of things are taking place in preparation for the arrival of students in August.