Jefferson-Morgan High School Core Values and Philosophy
The Jefferson-Morgan High School believes that:
- A caring and supportive environment will enhance the social maturation of all students.
- Educational facilities should reflect the concept of a school student with their work displayed, their governing processes in operation so student contribute to forming the conditions of the environment.
- School climate should contribute to the development of pride in the school by students, the professional staff and community.
- Parental involvement in the school is part of the community support system for all students.
- Academic focus of the educational program must be emphasized for all students.
- Personal attention students receive from the professional staff in this small school district can enhance the intellectual development of students' equivalent to the opportunities available in large systems.
To meet the developmental needs of our young adolescents, it is our belief that the total school staff must function as a team, along with parents, students, and the community to provide a high school which:
- Places children at the heart of every decision.
- Offers a variety of learning experiences.
- Establishes a positive and supportive environment.
- Offers young adolescents an integrated and challenging curriculum.
- Directs young adolescents' energy and vitality in productive ways.
- Promotes self-confidence and positive self-image.
- Emphasizes excellence by challenging young adolescents to perform at a level consistent with their ability.
- Acquaints young adolescents with various career opportunities.
- Promotes awareness of differences and respect for all individuals.
- Encourages discovery and exploration of ideas and talents.
- Encourages participation in extracurricular activities/interests that promotes enjoyment, leadership, sportsmanship, and/or teamwork.
- Establishes small advisory groups fostering positive social interactions.
- Assists young adolescents with life-long skills necessary to become effective learners, workers, and citizens.
- Addresses the dramatic physical and emotional changes of young adolescents.
- Involves participation in community service projects.
- Provides young adolescents with skills to organize time and materials effectively.
- Generates enthusiasm in young adolescents throughout the school day.
The Jefferson-Morgan School District High School Student Handbook is now available online for download in PDF format. If you wish to view the handbook, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
ACT/SAT Testing Links
This section of the Jefferson-Morgan School District web site contains information about the S.A.T., the A.C.T., and the P.S.A.T. In this section you will find testing dates, important registration information, and voucher programs.
High School Guidance Counselor
This section of the Jefferson-Morgan School District web site contains information about our High School guidance office and the services provided.
The World Wide Web is an excellent resource for scholariship information and resources. To learn more about some of these opportunities, please vist this section of the Jefferson-Morgan School District website.
This section of the Jefferson-Morgan School District website contains information about the Selective Service requirements.